What about a files section

fv1609

What about a files section? This would be for reference info/articles. Perhaps only added to by you. I have over 250 A4 pages of MV related articles that I have written, which I would like to share. Once published, after a short they get forgotten about. As many of these took about 60 hours per article it is effort that I might as well benefit others. Amount of time excludes the time taken working with images, things perhaps are bit more difficult as I am dyslexic.

Clive, that is a wonderful and a very generous offer and I would like to accept on behalf of all of HMVF members. I know what it is like to have the need to share information, by the sounds of it, it could be of great benefit to everyone. In the past I have been so frustrated by people who aren't willing to share or pass on information .

What we can do is to create a 'library' section so everyone can share and post this sort of information as there are so many clever people out there., the topics can be made a 'sticky' so that they don't get moved. No worries about dyslexia, I will sort that.

fv1620, Clive if you're the Clive I think you are (Windscreen?) then that is indeed a most generous offer.

It's been a pleasure to read your material in the past with its well constructed presentation, good technical info and well researched content. I am personally very indebted to you for your effort, and a library of those articles here on HMVF will bring much value to the site.

If you need a hand in scanning or uploading I'll be very happy to help out.

Karoshi.

Thanks both for your kind comments. I never know whether they get read or are even wanted. But I try to write about something that I would have liked to have read about myself & that hasn't been covered before.

I do get carried away with trivia that I unearth in official documents. This will be well illustrated in the next one on British tentage. Not an exciting subject you may think but there should be little read-bites to catch the eye. eg Question for the group: when do you think the first circular tent was used?

All the articles are in Word & I can easily convert to pdf. There are some which (I think) have particular reference value eg; oils etc, understanding part numbers, marking vehicles, fault finding in 90amp charging systems etc Although MVT members would have seen them the articles go back 15 years & members come & go & its not always easy to dig out an old mag to find an article.

I'll perhaps do the oils one first & send it to Jack.

Clive