Bastille day...French MV

CharlieH

Morning All,

Thought some you may find some of these images of interest, quite impressive up close.

Just come back from a couple of weeks in France which included Bastille Day in Paris. Although I missed the actually parade as they closed the Metro station I did find a nice spot to see the mobile units come past. This included both regular as well as Foreign Legion as you'll see. My personal favorite is the wheeled Tank which seems to be crewed by the catering staff! Also the huge APC 'Saint Louis'...it was a beast.

Enjoy

bastille.jpg

DSC_0052.jpg

DSC_0053.jpg

DSC_0054.jpg

DSC_0055.jpg

DSC_0056.jpg

DSC_0057.jpg

DSC_0058.jpg

DSC_0060.jpg

DSC_0061.jpg

DSC_0064.jpg

DSC_0065.jpg

DSC_0066.jpg

DSC_0070.jpg

DSC_0071.jpg

DSC_0075.jpg

DSC_0076.jpg

DSC_0077.jpg

DSC_0079.jpg

And nice to see a Land Rover

DSC_0087.jpg

"My personal favorite is the wheeled Tank which seems to be crewed by the catering staff!"

Ahh the armoured hi speed pizza delivery system much needed on today's modern battlefields, alongside the containerised Burger King and Pizza Hut outlets as used in the Afghan logistical effort.

Driver and crew need not only an LGV and gunnery licence but also a food handlers certificate lol

Just Googled the 'mission vigipirate' on the front of the Land Rover - seems to be some kind of anti-terrorism operation, the link to the French Ministry of Defence shows a video with a Land Rover in used at the Eurotunnel terminal being used by an Engineer Regiment:

http://www.defense.gouv.fr/terre/diaporamas-sonores/mission-vigipirate-eurotunnel-de-calais/%28language%29/fre-FR#SearchText=mission%20vigipirate#xtcr=1