Hi everyone,

I live in the Evesham Tewkesbury area, and have owned MV,s since 1979...I guess that makes me an older_git!!

I have owned in the past a Morriss commercial MRA1, but In general I stick to the Austin Champ 61BE04 and in the last 5yrs I also bought a 1943 Willys Jeep.

Alan

Hi

I am going to have to be diplomatic here arnt I? Basically I love both, The jeeps looks and maintainability are plus points for that, against the Champs Complexity, however on long journeys the Champ wins hands down...I can still get out and walk about without backache and drivers cold shoulder...... Driven the Champ possibly the length and breadth of UK, mainly before the fuel price increases. Longest Journey Cheltenham to Edinburgh

Trouble is there are many areas to compare. They both perform well offroad, if its boggy then the jeep is better, but real steep inclines Champ is as good as your nerve.

They both have many plus/minus points

hi everyone,

i live in the evesham tewkesbury area, and have owned mv,s since 1979...i guess that makes me an older_git!!

I have owned in the past a morriss commercial mra1, but in general i stick to the austin champ 61be04 and in the last 5yrs i also bought a 1943 willys jeep.

Alan

welcome !! Post sum pictures please !

Hello Alan & welcome,

Did you make it to the Champ Camp at Evesham the other week?

As you are so local to our club would you be welcome to attend our meetings, next one is tomorrow night 8pm in the nissen hut.

cheers

Paul

Hello Alan & welcome,

Did you make it to the Champ Camp at Evesham the other week?

As you are so local to our club would you be welcome to attend our meetings, next one is tomorrow night 8pm in the nissen hut.

cheers

Paul

Hi Paul

Yes you will know me, when you see me. I did make it to show, and was there on the Monday afterwards helping clear up.

If I can make it I will(to meeting) so thanks for the invite.

Alan

Hi Paul

Yes you will know me, when you see me. I did make it to show, and was there on the Monday afterwards helping clear up.

If I can make it I will(to meeting) so thanks for the invite.

Alan

Thanks for helping clear up, you Champers left quite a muddy mess! pm sent

Hi Alan welcome Champ going well now?

Hi Chris

Champs not running right yet no.......

Stripped Carb, sprayed into every orafice, fuel and air, new gasket set, new mixer screw as taper on the one in pack was much longer than original...and initially started and ran and tickover too......

Took for run, and all was well for about 5mls.......judder/fizz/pop...got home but disappointed.

Big Hammer next

Did you get PM?

Alan