Morris PU 8Cwt for sale in France

tim gray

Hi guys, just spotted on car and classics website under military 1940.PU 8Cwt for sale in france, front end looks in fairly good nick, extra pics would be required to check cab and instruments , engine etc, back end looks to be substancially removed and remodelled after the cab rear. Incorrect wheels as well(at least tyre wise)

2911804.jpg

2911802.jpg

Yup, seen that one in the flesh as it were as i picked up some minor bits and bobs from him (fuel tanks, tank trays, bonnets, minor spares) er perhaps not so minor after all !!!!!!Would still like a 15CWT but minor crises on the horizon as i am loosing the storage i have soon so i have to find an affordable home for the PU.Regards Tim

• 2 years later...

Hello Ben

Yes, as you now know I bought Rory Ballard's 'project' last year, and have just started the rebuild.

however, I think between Rory and I we will have a lot left over, including a spare chassis and other structure, also a lot of patterns. if your interested in a real jigsaw let me know.

all the best

Jules

Jules/Martyn the colour for these Morris engines is Brunswick Green. There has been debate about whether it is mid or dark Brunswick.

I have used BS 226 Mid Brunswick Green. Which you can check out at your local auto paint shop.

Ron

Edited by Ron

I dont know why I bother posting on this forum as I usually have nil response to my posts . Anyway here goes

Pages from the No. 11 set manual UK

Nice, that is the kind of equipment I enjoy seeing, and which could still be used!

As to responses, sometimes one has to wait until the right person comes along ;)

trevor

I have been gathering info on the PU 8 cwt since 1998 . A few of these vehicles have turned up out here and the evidence suggests they arrived via the Middle East .

I know of another PU Morris owner here in Victoria , his example is a earlier than my two , having the hub caps on the wheels .

The recent Aussie winner of the Vanderveen award told me of his experience learning to drive in a Morris PU just after the war . His father had purchased the PU and he , a young teenager ,took it for drives unlicensed .

I do have more info on the wireless installation , the Blandford archives revealed a nice manual with pics