Stolly Clutch Job.

Poptopshed

Have to pass on that one as a Militant is not available right now... :-)

So jacks and axle stands it is. Erred on the side of safety and got a pair of stands rated at 10 tons each from http://www.tooledup.com. One will take the whole weight of a Mk 2 622 so two will be more than adequate even for the odd Saracen that co-habits the same establishment :-)

Did the same for the jack too!!!

• 8 months later...

The importance of having the right tool for the job!!! I can see you either need a truck mounted crane or an over head rail crane if you ever had a thought of doing that kind of service on a Stolly.

I wondered what the results would have been had you been able to start that engine up ..... One heck pardon me , one big Fire and the end of that Vehicle , amazing how much material was able to find its way in :shake: through the engine bay vents .

You have answered a number of questions about its construction , thank you !

Did you also take additional photo's of the rest of the restoration , or is that posted on a different thread . Now that you have me hooked I need to know "The Rest of the Story "

Its currently sitting out side the doors waiting for better weather. The engine and gearbox have been put to one side. The box just needs a good clean and fresh fluids. The engine is going to be given a once over with the sump off and change the head gasket. We are probably going to make up a support frame to work on it. Other jobs have got in the way so its dormant till the new year. Once the running gear is sorted the better weather will be with us and lighter nights so we can clean the hull and paint it, ready for all going back together. We also need to fix the crane on the Militant before we can do any more heavy lifting. :roll:

Jon.