Sabre Sales - Most recent

wdbikemad

I dropped into Sabre Sales recently....despite the website stating that the building is under offer, and a few "staff movements" since, it seems pretty much the same as ever........but I am pretty certain that December next year will be the definite end.......

What was there ? Still loads of desert, tropical and temperate DPM, a fair bit of good 68 pattern gear still present, loads of wooly pullys, 60 pattern green overall jackets (new), and still a few used 52 pattern middle parkas and 60 pattern green smocks.........plus green and khaki KF shirts, tropical underwear, etc.......

I didn't pick up much.......got a couple of pairs of nice 37 pattern anklets (took some digging to find a decent few matched pairs though), a mint set of the sweaty DPM PVC waterproofs (need a set for the book), a rare pair of ripstop DPM CS95 trousers in well-used condition but again needed for the book.....a "protect and survive" manual to complete one of my S6 respirator kits) and a NOS DPM PLCE utility pouch (getting difficult and expensive to find for some reason)........

When Nick finaly closes the door on Sabre. It will be the end of an era! There are VERY few shops left now of this size & classification left in the UK. A sad day indeed!

I have known Nick Hall the Propriator for over 35 plus years. I have had some good deals with him as well over that timeframe.

Always come home with somthing!.................

These store are increasingly becoming extinct these days. All in the name of 'Progress'??? (with a LARGE question Mark!)

It is true to say, but even when you first think there's nothing there, a bit of rummaging always produces some interesting and valuable finds........

I never leave the place without something, and the fact that you are free to dig around without anyone eyeing your every move is a rarity these days........prices are always fair too, and in some instances damn cheap...! :D

A Group of us went recently and most left feeling that they will not return as he had pushed his luck on prices for a few things.

Lets say we had better deals of him in the past, and concidering he wants to thin things down due to closing and retiring in two years time, I doubt we will be adding any more to his retirement fund.

But you may have better luck.

Ta

Jon