CCKW - Slow Cranking

Vulture

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've changed the battery cables on my CMP for larger ones this week (70mm2, closer to the old 00 gauge I think) and it's made a huge difference. Was cranking about the same speed as Vulture's (a tad faster but not much). Now cranking 2-3 times faster. I wouldn't have thought it possible from 6 volts.

I'd stronly recommend anyone running on 6 volts looks at the same.

I've changed the battery cables on my CMP for larger ones this week (70mm2, closer to the old 00 gauge I think) and it's made a huge difference. Was cranking about the same speed as Vulture's (a tad faster but not much). Now cranking 2-3 times faster. I wouldn't have thought it possible from 6 volts.

I'd stronly recommend anyone running on 6 volts looks at the same.

6 volts needs twice the ampage as 12 volt for same wattage. So as it is the ampage that causes A. The heat, and B. is the amount of current, and it only runs on the surface a thicker multi core cable will pass more power much easier. You can always double cable it for the same effect. If you can get it Lift control cable is superb stuff, thick but very flexible, makes ideal jump leads.