Pictures for Rosie

Degsy

Pics as requested. In the shed 2 granddaughter's and their mum feeding orphans, rows of nursery pens and the maternity ward and in the field twins wearing coats. The orphans will be given to the children to add to their own little flock.

sheep 7.4 12 001.jpg

sheep 7.4 12 002.jpg

sheep 7.4 12 003.jpg

sheep 7.4 12 004.jpg

sheep 7.4 12 005.jpg

sheep 7.4 12 006.jpg

sheep 7.4 12 007.jpg

sheep 7.4 12 008.jpg

sheep 7.4 12 009.jpg

sheep 7.4 12 010.jpg

Edited by Degsy

Two observations.

I see the older grand daughter is a right "ham" in front of the camera, that cheesy grin is priceless, save that one for when she gets married at the wedding meal to embarrass her!

I thought the lambs were "pre wrapped" for the table . . . .:angel:

R

Those little jackets seem to be this seasons must have for every lamb about the field :D

Is this a new thing, as I've only just started to see them?

Julian

No, they've been available for years and we always have a stock of them for when bad weather is promised. They come in a variety of colours, the pair I photographed just happened to be in the perfect position from where I was working in the next field but there are others around wearing red or orange coats.

Two observations.

I see the older grand daughter is a right "ham" in front of the camera, that cheesy grin is priceless, save that one for when she gets married at the wedding meal to embarrass her!

I thought the lambs were "pre wrapped" for the table . . . .:angel:

R

Yes I must admit she can be a bit of a poser but on this occasion I caught her unaware. She was looking down concentrating on the lamb, I had her in the viewfinder and said 'smile Elliw' and immediately pressed the button, this was the result.

As regards the 'pre wrapped' we are always looking for new markets;)

Those little jackets seem to be this seasons must have for every lamb about the field :D

Is this a new thing, as I've only just started to see them?

Julian

No mate they are an old idea. Statred by a farmer cutting up plastic fertiliser sacks. All so pretty. Then the old farming Saw' 'Sheep- The only animal born looking for an intresting way to die'.

:-D

I hope Granduaghter has something to inhiert. Everything you touch has been farmed or mined.

Edited by Tony B

Awww they're really sweet!!!!! Thanks for posting them Degsy :)

Granddaughters are gorgeous to!

Thank you. Gwenno, the little one is a bit of a tomboy, although it doesn't show clearly in the photo she has her thumb up to me, I have taught them both the good old British thumbs up and as they get older I will explain the significance of it as a way of leading them into wartime history. The older one, Elliw is very artistic but she seems to have all the makings of a good shepherd, she works hard at lambing time and pulled a lamb on her own for the first time this week.