Canvas dye.

rambo1969

One of the lads has just bought himself a very nice civvi tent.

The roof is white and the walls are blue, the tent is canvas.

He wants to dye the canvas green.

I was thinking about painting it with very thinned down paint, but, I reckon it will go hard and crack.

So i'm thinking maybe the best thing to do is dye it.

Ive found some green water based wood dye on ebay that looks like it may do the job.

Just wondering if any of you could reccomend a green canvas dye, ideally, NATO greenish.

cheers.

Depending on the size and material of the tent you could just stick the flysheet in the washer with a couple of sachets of shop bought green dye. Or in an old bath or such. The colour will tend to be a bit patchy but then old tents do tend to fade in the sun and rain. Why not just stick a cammo net over the top?

Have thougt about a cammo net over the top, but, it would need to be a big camo net(tent is 11x7) and you can always see through a como net, and they are a pain in the arse to use!

I was in asda today and they had a water based spray on fence panel stain, dark brown, and £10 for 5 litres.

• 6 months later...
Have thougt about a cammo net over the top, but, it would need to be a big camo net(tent is 11x7) and you can always see through a como net, and they are a pain in the arse to use!

I was in asda today and they had a water based spray on fence panel stain, dark brown, and £10 for 5 litres.

I need to colour/dye/paint some canvas, did it work ?