Good website Ferret Humber Hormet

ferrettkitt

Andy that's a good link with concise & useful info, although I take issue with some of the Hornet details, which are taken from books rather than direct observation.

The engine was actually a B60 Mk F not a Mk A

The length quoted has been metricated from the official length given. Unfortunately the official length given was based on the prototype rather the operational vehicle that was fitted with Smoke Dischargers No.8 Mk 1 this increased the length by 59mm.

The weight quoted is not the vehicle weight but the operational weight with crew, this equates to 5.7 tons not tonnes.

It is concise when I have the time I'll have a good look over it. Would they be interested in correcting some of the details?

A quick look shows Bedford RL's Austin Champs and a few videos as well recommended.

Avro Shackelton troop carrying short clip no sound

http://www.paradata.org.uk/media/871?mediaSection=videos

I have changed my spelling off Hornet on my reply as well.

Would they be interested in correcting some of the details?

I would hope so. I have attended about a dozen reunions with the Hornet & know a number of the faces & names on site. I have a series of Sqn related articles that are on here that I hope might be of interest for them to host. They were based on earlier articles I did in Tank & Pegasus but have a bias towards the automotive & missile systems rather than the soldiering aspects.