Cobham Joints / Tracta Joints_Humber Pig FV1611A

Rover8FFR

In my copy of EMER, Wheeled Vehicles N252 Issue 1, dated 14 Feb 55, it talks of TRACTA Drive Units, which I understand serve the front wheels.

In EMER Wheeled Vehicles N254 Part 1, Supplement No 1, Issue 2, dated 20 Mar 63 it has a section on COBHAM Joints, which serve the rear axles, fitted to truck, 1-ton, armoured 4x4 Humber.

Is this correct that they are missed front and rear or should the fronts be COBHAM also and I don't have that supplement???

I ask as the front and rear axles / joints have different bellows and gaitors........Rubber Bellows on Rear COBHAM and leather on the front TRACTA????????

Wayne all Humber 1 Tons have Tractas at the front.

Rear

CT/GS - Tracta

Hornet & Pig Mk 1 - Chobham

Pig Mk 2 - mostly Birfield but could be Chobham or even Tracta

Contrary to one Army NI driver training manual they were not fitted with Tractor joints!!

All bellows are rubber

Thank you Clive, as always.....:thanx:

Now I do know technically my Pig is a Mk II? (at least I remember that conversation looking at the data plates), (Lets see if that prompts a query from the forum).

Therefore the only way I will get this sorted, as to which it is, will be by closer examination and inspection. No doubts when the Bellows are replaced to all 4 axles.

Thanks for confirming the generator is a 12A also elsewhere :-)