Spot all the different vehicles and equipment

MHillyard

I was amazed at the range of equipment that was used. There are what i think are M7 Priest tanks, halftracks with raised bonnets and what look like Boys anti tank rifles. The goggles look like modern safety goggles!

What do you think?

Edited by MHillyard

I'm amazed that the Rat Patrol is on you tube! I wrote to "points of view" back in the mid 60s when the series finished asking for another series. As the episode shown is series 1 episode 1 does this mean there is a series 2?

yes there were 2 series. it was removed from UK TV early because of masses of complaints or historical inaccuracy regarding the fact that they are american and there were no Americans in the LRDG

Ditto re the Tosh, Usual american rubbish on how they won the war and the western desert campaigns single handed with all the kit, pity they never found the sand paint as well nor researched uniforms etc. And the Sgt public schoolboy (ex OTC)charge of the HQ and all the other junior ranks were awfully polite and well spoken

Pity it took a second series to realise how innacurate it was, maybe they got lost on the way to Morroco/Algeria on Operation Torch

I was amazed at the range of equipment that was used. There are what i think are M7 Priest tanks, halftracks with raised bonnets and what look like Boys anti tank rifles. The goggles look like modern safety goggles!

What do you think?

Could Priests really fire their main gun on the move?

The script felt like it was pinched from an old Western, they (the "Germans") even put their 'tanks' in a circle!

jh

Some of the 'distant' shots of jeeps seem to look like radio-controlled models, and the Germans helmets were WWI models with the longer more pronounced 'peak' section. I believe the sexton/priest 'tanks' could fire on the move, but accuracy would not have been very good at all....