G'day from Australia

AUSSIE TD-40

G'day All.

Found this after there was a story in the "THE HERITAGE HAULER" magazine from the local Heritage Truck Club about the WW1 DENNIS military truck written by Mr Steve Gosling. Me I am a ex farmer and a Fitter and Turner by trade. My main interest is International Harvester trucks and tractors plus a few engines as well. No military background, but have been around few army men over the years, remember back 45 years ago being coached shooting a SMLE 303 at 900 yards by a WW2 serviceman who had fought against Rommel in North Africa. At one time I built sniper rifles as well as sporting rifles. The only military vehicle I have is a 1943 International Harvester I-4 tractor that was used by the USAF at the Eagle Farm air base here in Brisbane to tow aircraft about, intend to do it up in the USA style as made by MRS so we can sit 2 on it. The story about the WW1 Dennis got my interest up, so I would like to follow the new progect on the 1917 THORNY CROFT truck.

thanks from Jake.

SeeYa

Hi Jake!

I'm glad you enjoyed the article. That lorry has made us many friends across the world all of whom would like to assist and it is great! We will try to keep the interest going with the Thornycroft but you will have to be patient as it is going to take a while.

Welcome to the forum!

Steve G. :-)