vehicle record translation

01ec28

Question

Well, recieved the ferret info from bovington. Is there someone who could help with translation? A little of it makes sense to me but not all. I'm mostly interested in where it's served and what the colour code # would have last been? I've tried internet searching but haven't come up with much.

Cheers, Drew

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

6 answers to this question

Then I hope peter see's this thread. From what I can gather, the colour coordinate suggests earth yellow from what I could find, but it was black when I got it. I had been told it was in the gulf war and then went to the hong kong regiment where it was painted black. Any possibiliity this is true? Thats the reason we've kept it black!

Drew

The Colour Code 76 is just Green IRR.

I think it has been incorrectly coded, as the second digit is the finish & 6 is IRR.

But 6 can only be used with the first character colour of 5 (Black) or A (NATO Green)

So if it was Green I think it should have been recorded as A6 not 76.

(If it was disruptive pattern IRR it would have been A7)

I just replied to 01EC28's other thread, having recognised 01EC28. Having seen the history card (which confirms it was with UNFICYP armoured car squadron in 1976), I see that it was issued to 15/19H again in 1986 after I had left.

Interesting that it remained a Mark 2/3: as a recce regt we only ever had Mark 1s for RSMs'/SSMs' rovers and rebros.

Bazz, who was still 15/19H in 1986 (or a meringue?) will be able to confirm that as a Mark 2 it was issued to Recce Troop (since 15/19H were MBT again by then).

So that's two of the Ferrets I drove with 15/19H preserved by members of this group. Job's a good'n.

Thank you again peter. AlienFTM, any anecdotal stories you'd be prepared to offer? I know I have one about the starter not working and one about the wheel station falling off. email me if you can, I think this post is starting to get off of the original topic and I don't want to take up forum space.

Cheers, Drew

drewswan@hotmail.com