Greetings from Herefordshire.

laine

Hello All,

I have been involved with old vehicles for many years, and currently own an 80" Land Rover, a 107" Land Rover, a 107" Station Wagon, a MK8 Jaguar and a 1961 Chevrolet Apache pick-up.

I am looking to purchase a Military vehicle - I am drawn towards a Scammell Pioneer, but would like to learn more about there 'habits and limitations' - and also hopefully meet up with some Scammel Pioneer owners who can show me more about them.

I am also keen to have a look around a Dodge WC52 - are there any owners of these vehicles within 100 miles of Hereford? I am willing to travel anywhere to view vehicles and learn more about them.

I understand that owning a Scammell Pioneer is something that has a lot of issues - it's easier to keep a Yorkshire Terrier than a Saint Bernard!

On a personal level, I have a great wife and 2 mad kids, an Airedale Terrier, a 21 year old ginger female cat, 7 - soon to be 20 sheep, 6 bantam chickens and a greenhouse.

I am a former International athlete, and once gained the title of the world's greatest tosser! (Highland games) I still play with weights now and then.

Any help from either Scammell or Dodge owners would be very welcome.

Laine

Hi, welcome in, go for the Dodge, far less issues to have to contend with and the Dodge was one of the best produced and reliable vehicles to have, easy to drive and store, relatively good on fuel (12-14 mpg)

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

Do you know if there are any about for sale at the moment? Do you know anyone who has one that I could look at or even drive?

Please let me know when you get chance.

Laine