Hi from Michelle

Billy bear

Hi All

My name is Michelle.

We live in Dorset and are heavy horse fanatics.

I am interested in the part that heavy horses, especially percherons, played in the military.

I would like to find WW1 or 2 piece of horse drawn equipment to show with my percherons.

Thats about it really. Not very exciting am I? lol

Hi Michelle. Pity your down in Jack land. Nigel would be over the moon to have a pair of heavies near by. The Percerhon also gives a wide choice of equipment every side on the Western Front would have used them. With the release of War Horse and the centenary of the start of the Great War coming up in 2014 you're likley to be in great demand.

Hi All

My name is Michelle.

I am interested in the part that heavy horses, especially percherons, played in the military.

I would like to find WW1 or 2 piece of horse drawn equipment to show with my percherons.

Hi Michelle, welcome to the forum, its always nice to welcome someone with a slightly different interest in all things military.

Horses played a massive part in both world wars 1 & 2, so anything that you may wish to share with us would be very welcome.......... and given my own involvement with horses, both in civvy st and the army, I will find anything that you may wish to share with us very interesting........ Guernsey has, or appears to have, quite a bit of old WW11 German horse drawn stuff, field kitchens etc.

Hi All

My name is Michelle.

Hi, take a look here http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?28993-Horse-transport-in-the-British-Army-1-amp-2

Hi Michelle, welcome to the forum, its always nice to welcome someone with a slightly different interest in all things military.

Horses played a massive part in both world wars 1 & 2, so anything that you may wish to share with us would be very welcome.......... and given my own involvement with horses, both in civvy st and the army, I will find anything that you may wish to share with us very interesting........ Guernsey has, or appears to have, quite a bit of old WW11 German horse drawn stuff, field kitchens etc.

Unfortunatley Ray a lot of that stuff got sold out when the Occupation Musuem closed. Now a team towing towing a 60lb Howitzer would be a show stopper. I do have various photos of military horses in the Islands, but mostly they were Officer's Hacks, and ended up being eaten in the winter of 1944.