Wheatcrofts S130 - in its glory days

Jack

This was in the days of the Schnellboots.

keith and I had the pleasure of standing on its deck back in October - we can't release the pictures JUST yet :coffee: but it is safe to say we were speechless and ironically, it has some sort magistic presence to it...

429427_363151850362008_100000015894725_1393191_873876830_n.jpg

.....there was/is(?) the sad remains of an E Boat in a small creek near to me .....the boatyard fella had I believe, had made various efforts to sell it but nothing every came through..

......I'm pretty sure I heard that eventually it'd become so deteriorated and was also semi-submerged that I think..(not entirely sure of this so????) she was broken up 'in situ' ........

As I say ....I'm not entirely sure she was scrapped so???

....if anyone is really keen :-D and fancies a go at her maybe??......

.... the little shipyard in question is Fred Larkham's operation at Ruddle just outside of Newnham on Severn on the A48 out of Gloucester. He has another yard a little further down the 'coast' at Bullo Pill and I'm not sure in which yard the E Boat was or possibly still is ...

• 2 weeks later...

Slightly off country but...20 odd years ago I was a regular visitor to Littlehampton, in a silted up creek was a british MTB that had been converted to a house boat, last time I saw it it was looking pretty sad....then it was gone, I like to think it was rescued, does anyone know?

*EDIT* Have answered my own question a search of google images and google earth shows that it never left ...... it sank.

MTB01.jpg

MTB02.jpg

Edited by rog8811

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...