• 1 month later...
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
How much engine, drivetrain and bodywork do these Chevs share with GMC CCKWs? if any

Cheers, Richard

Richard,

engines are different (Chev 235 cu in, Jimmy 270 cu in)

gearboxes different (Chev 4 speed, Jimmy 5 speed)

Transfer boxes are different.

Clutches are different also.

Rear axle specific to Chevs, but I think the front is the same as Jimmy fitted with Corporation (Banjo) axles

And thats just the start......... theres lots more!

How much engine, drivetrain and bodywork do these Chevs share with GMC CCKWs? if any

Cheers, Richard

Without going into precise detail (for which you really need both parts books) it would be fair to say that commonality is restricted to instrumentation and some but not all electrical components, although visually there are similarities they really are two different trucks.

Pete

Without going into precise detail (for which you really need both parts books) it would be fair to say that commonality is restricted to instrumentation and some but not all electrical components, although visually there are similarities they really are two different trucks.

I know the hood side panels are different, but surely the cab and front sheet metal is the same?

No

Cab is similar, but I think the GMC cab has floor / firewall differences for the 270.

Bonnet the same, wings the same, grille different, engine side panels different, running boards different.

No

Cab is similar, but I think the GMC cab has floor / firewall differences for the 270.

Bonnet the same, wings the same, grille different, engine side panels different, running boards different.

I have been told that the bonnets are similar but not identical, appararently the radius over the radiator is different! :nut:

Reason I ask is there is a chev near me which could come into my possession at some point in the future. But the owner moved it a long time ago by putting his forklift through the cab. Assuming chev body work is rare I'm just wondering how much I could use from a jimmy. So it sounds like cab with a bit of work, bonnet and wings. Richard