where has the canbera gone

tack9/12l

ok for those like me you may have seen my post in the traced section however for those that havent im based in bicester about to return to my regt in germany and have a keen intreast in old military kit :Dnow on c site near the back road /side gate there used to be what looked like a canberra bomber :shocked:in at least four pieces front sect rear wings all was coverd in tarpalins and on palletts this has been here for the 3 years i have. well over the last week its vanished anybody know where? and im hopeing it was saved for a museum/restoration

There used to be a complete Canberra alongside what is now an antiques centre on the outskirts of Watlington many years ago. That also vanished, and I have never found anyone who knew anything about it or even remembers seeing it !!! However, I don't drink or take drugs and I just know it was there. It was complete and standing on its undercarraige when I saw it. Is this the same beast that was at Bicester recently ? I believe what is now the antiques centre building was once a military owned area, and someone I know who lives fairly local to it reckonned it was a RAOC depot in WWII.