Militaria Show 2007 anyone going

Don

• 1 month later...

we'll be there sunday dressed up like michelin men.

it is supposed to be soooooo cold. the coldest stoneleigh i've been to was a few years ago now & it took my windscreen water bottle till evesham to defrost.

look for my pink shoes guys ( they have 2 inches of insulation)

Berni

They've moved it into the new part of the building now so no more standing around in that freezing old shed. It should be a lot warmer. But it will probably mean we'll have to walk further to the car park, better not buy anything heavy!

Chris

Think my first vist to Stoneleigh militaria wa about 1989 - 1990(?) when it was organised under the umbrella of the MVT and paid-up members got in for free!

Sadly, those days are gone now, but the show has just got bigger and bigger, infact so big that you can't really get around to all the stalls within the time scale really. I wish it was a two day event - like most good model railway shows!!!!

Have been saving my christmas and birthday money, so hopefully I will find some bits needed for my Stuart M5A1 or even some good quality USAAF flight gear from those European dealers who like to move the decimal point to the right a little too much ;-)

Whatever, I'm sure it will be a good social as ever, where you spend more time gasing to those you haven't seen for a while than actually what you went there for!

Cds

I'll be there in hall 2 on stands 320 321 if anyone wants to call in for a chat

and I'm sure Rowan will be a hovering around at some point in time and Berni

we had our club meet tonight and were behind you 100% if things work out

your side of things with the BL

Commander

or perhaps I am just blind ! Nigel

Nigel no you're not blind but the event wasn't really about military vehicle spares. I was looking for quite different things from you, Humber 1-Ton bits. I found some track rod ends but that was it. But rightly or wrongly it is predominantly a uniforms & kit event. I know this perfectly well but I still keep going just in case I might miss something!

I went to the Dance on Saturday night and to the Show on Sunday.The Dance was great but the show was a little pricey. I thought £8.50 to get in was a little to much for a large military Jumble sale and £9.40 for 2 drinks and 2 sausage baps was over the top.I suppose thats to do with the time we live in it seems to be all about making money than a hobby.

I made the barriers for the MVT stand and provided my GMC for the DJ to work out of in the Dance.The highlight of my weekend was watching Johns Valentine come of the low loader....Just Class

width=150 height=113http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/112/p1270015tt4.th.jpg[/img]

width=150 height=113http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/1811/p1270009db9.th.jpg[/img]

width=150 height=113http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/5659/p1270002nf3.th.jpg[/img]

Guest JeepJockey

Great dance on the Saturday night, non stop in your face DJ from Gypsy John and the Swing Commanders band if just a little bit too hill billy for me. If there's any criticism get that bar sorted, a queue 40-50 punters long until 11.00pm meant no one was going home tipsy. Marks out of ten 9/10

As for the show, I think toooooo big to get around in a day and much toooooo busy to have a good poke around. Don't think anyone's gone home with a bargain, tooooo expensive by far. I thought us green machine enthusist were supposed to be the poor mans vintage car owner. Marks out of ten 4/10

Is it me but by the time you've paid for a travel lodge if you've come any distance, petrol and entrance money into show and dance etc I had spent a ton and not brought anything.

Anyone got any thoughts on this issue.

Regards,

Paul :yawn2:

It is now far too expensive to get in, and for vehicle owners there isn't much to buy when you do get in. Of course we all go anyway, just incase we miss something. The main reason I go is to do a few car park deals!

Chris

Guest JeepJockey

That's what Stoneleigh lacks is the private sellers and green boot sellers much like the Dallas dig out were you really find a bargain from someone just wanting to clear space in the garage.

Anyone in the know how could suggest.

Regards,

Paul