raf tangmere under threat of demolition

morris c8 fat

:? Please help

A quick note - I have heard today that the former airfield at

Tangmere is once again threatened by housing development. We have a special connection to this place - you may remember this was the venue for our 60th Anniversary of the Battle of Britain event in 2000.

The site is up for sale and plans are in place to demolish all that remains of the iconic airfield site. This is such an atmospheric place and full of the spirit of 1940 still. PLEASE help save what we can - this airfield contributed significantly to the Battle of

Britain. The main building threatened is the Sector Operations Room scheduled for demolition in 2007!! We need to act now. The Air Historical Branch states that this building (previously located at Northolt) is the best "preserved and sole surviving Sector Ops Block of the modified 1924 Watch Office design remaining in RAF hands". The building was occupied for most of the Battle of Britain and was visited by King George and Churchill.

To help save the building please eMail dcplanning@chichester.gov.uk or write to MoDEL intergrated Project Team, C/O RAF Bortholt, Westend Road, Ruislip, Middlesex HA4 6NG and state your reasons why we need to save this building for future generations.

PLEASE ACT NOW BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE. CAN YOU PASS THIS ON TO ANYONE IN YOUR NETWORK OR GROUP WHO MAY BE ABLE TO HELP.

Thanks ()

Bryan & Louise

• 3 weeks later...

That's interesting I see that bidders are now anonymous. There have been occasions where I have recognised bidders on the basis of their ebay name & sometimes taken it in turns not to bid against each other. Although my wife has recognised "bidders" who always seem to run up a price with a certain seller, but never actually wins the auction. Or if they do it appears on ebay again if they get caught & had to "buy" the item.

Clive,

they started doing that about a month ago, mainly on the Vehicle auctions at first but now it's spreading to other auctions, I don't like it as you can't see if the price is being pushed up by their mates.. Shill bidding http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/seller-shill-bidding.html

This is eBay's reasoning..

As online shopping evolves, eBay continues to focus on preserving our marketplace's open and level playingfield whilst protecting our Community of members. We have decided to change how bid history information is displayed so unscrupulous people cannot target bidders with fake offers using this information. In certain cases, some bidders will no longer be able to see other bidder's User IDs on the listing page. Your User ID will be shown only to you and the seller of the item you're bidding on. Other members will see an anonymous name, such as Bidder 1, Bidder 2 etc.