Info on Polsted quad

gas 44

Hello all, I understand that there may be limited replies to this question but any help would be greatly appreciated.

We have joined the "Polsten Quad Club"

Is there any one who has operating manuals (not the parts books...we have them).

What is the best or at least the safest way to dismount the carraige from the trailer,i have read that it requires "four good men" well we only have 2 bad men....:cool2:

Is there a specific procedure in starting the engine and operating the rotation of the turret and elevation of the guns.

Long shot maybe, but are the any spare parts available.

At the moment the trailer sits on "Ferret" tyres which I understand are runflat...but are the incorrect size.Any tips for tyres ?

Thanks in advance.

Gary

" ;)

Try Phil Palmer (Birmingham and West Midlands Area. MVT) he has a member that owns and operates a very good one. We had it at the Classic Car Show at the NEC last month and they had it running doing demonstrations for Joe public... Phil uses this forum. Good luck.

Regards. Ray

Sorry that the photograph is not very good......

NEC Nov 2011 017.jpg

Welcome to the Polsten club Gary, there are a few around. I know of three so there must be more.

I shredded a tyre on the way back from Croft the year before last and mine now has a pair of Mitas (i think they are) agricultural tyres fitted. The tread pattern is rubbish but better than not having any tyres at all!! (We had taken a chance long enough as they were original '44 dated tyres on it).

Parts in my experience are not easy to come by, just keep your eys and mouth open and eventaully someome who has them will hear you.

I have some spare magazines and two spare barrel boxes i don't need any more.

It is not the getting it off the trailer so speak which is awkward, that is all winch and jacks, it's the getting the trailer out of the way which takes a bit of doing...

and of course getting the trailer back under it....

If i can help, feel free to drop me a note.

Regards

Ken

• 3 weeks later...

Good morning and happy new year.

I knew answers would be thin on the ground......anyway we have dismounted the unit from the trailer keeping all our fingers and toes and hopefuly without any damage to our internal organs :laugh:.To remount the trailer I think we might rig up something using our Gmc's winch.

I'm still looking for any printed info thats about (we will of course cover any costs).

Thanks

Gary