Hello From Malta

stivvy

Hi all,

my name is chris and im from the tiny island of Malta!

i have a passion for classic vehicles especiallly military ones.

at the moment im in the middle of a nut and bolt restoration on a 1962 Land Rover Series 2a ex Mod, still quite a lot to do due to the fact that its very difficult so source parts. i am also researching its military history but im still at the very begining since most of its military features have been removed way back in the 70's when it arrived in malta.

if you follow the link below ou will see some pictures of the restoration

thanks for activating my account

Chris

Welcome, Chris!

I'm sure you'll find a lot of help on here. Somewhere in my collection I've got a 1962 ex-MoD S2a. Let's see some photos of yours on here - I don't seem to be able to get on facebook right now. Edit - I've seen them now. V good!

I'm a regular visitor to Malta - maybe we could meet up sometime?

Edited by Ivor Ramsden

thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Ivor i will be gald to take you around just send me a pm and we will exchange contact details. it would be nice if i can see some pictures of your 2a.

here in malta we have the Malta Historic Vehicle Trust and they have around 10 ex military/police/fire land rovers which include 3 lightweights around 4 2a's an ex fire brigade foam spraying range rover etc etc.... at the moment they are restoring a s2a ambulance. they also have very rare vehicles i was there yesterday and i went nuts

Niels the aim of the Malta Historic Vehicle Trust is to save whats left of vehicles that have a historic and social significance to Malta in mind. im sure you can get a lot of help if you get in touch with them.

chris

Edited by stivvy