Leaf spring manufacturers.

handy1882

Hi All,

Does anyone have any good recommendations for leaf spring manufacturers near or a few hours drive from Oxford?

I've cleaned up and painted the two on the front axle of the Vulcan, and they are pretty much shot. They are ok just for assembley purposes, but i wouldn't like to go up the road with them like that!

How much is a reasonable price to have a pair made?

Sorry for the poor qualty of the photos my camera is playing up at the moment, I don't think it likes the cold!

This is the best one of the two, 9 leaves 2" wide x 1/4" thick. Shackle pin holes are 5/8" Dia x 35 1/4'' hole centres.

DSCF1332.jpg

DSCF1333.jpg

The ends of the leaves are tapered and spade ended which have rotted through, it would be nice to have them remade the same but i guess they would be a lot more work and cost a lot more than standard square ended leaves?

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by handy1882
Messed my photobucket account up and lost pictures.

Hi,

A company that I have used for the last 30 odd years is called Paddington Springs (which is actually located in Wembley) their website is http://www.paddingtonmotorspringsltd.co.uk and their phone number is 0208 795 3300. They have been very helpful to me - for example if you need to down rate a vehicle they will work out how many leaves you need to remove to get it to the weight rating you want and they will provide a written letter than can be submitted to VOSA.

I have regularly got springs repaired/built by them for the company that I work for.

Regards,

Mark

• 2 weeks later...
Re Paddington motor springs.

They have allways been very helpful and can, if they have the steel, make them up while you watch and wait. Fascinating to watch the skill and all that hot metal.

They will need the bushes at the ends.

Agreed, Paddington Springs' guys seem to be able to work magic.

- MG