- a hello from Cornwall

stevedennis

Well having been accepted to join the forum (thanks for sorting out the registering hiccups Joris), thought it best to to put my introduction up.

I'm a Civil Engineer with a Mechanical Engineer trying to get out - have allways tinkered with things mechanical, had my first moped when i was 15, had the engine out and all sprayed up and back together before my 16th birthday - not that my father thought it would ever run again. he's well into his vintage tractors and stationery engines - he bought one as a pile of bits - a morse fairbanks from 1908 and rebuilt it, so it must run in the family i suppose.

We, well to be truthful the wife first, got into re-enactment a while ago and 2011 has been good fun going here and there and talking to various people about all their bits and pieces and veterans talking about their experiences and messing about around and in the various vehicles. We're quite into our 1940's bits and bobs, she has a home front type anderson shelter display that we took to a few shows.

So the next logical step is to get a vehicle for us all to get into - 3 kids - and go from there - hopefully something british, but we'll have to see what comes up, condition and cost.

oh well here's to joining in and asking daft questions in the future!

Edited by stevedennis

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I find I can get three kids and a wife into a saracen pretty easily, just a bit heavy on fuel and about 14 years too young for what you need though.

Cheers

Paul from sunny Devon

Great for parking in busy supermarket car parks though! :-D

Hi Steve and welcome to the gang. I'm pretty certain we've met up this year at Prestons do?

I hope you've got plenty of spare time, cos this site is fascinating -- you can spend hours here!

yes we met at Preston's do and again at the one a fortnight later (airfield name escapes me) - you're definately correct in the time i've spend in here so far and more to come.

still havent sorted out a truck, but got somewhere to store one as the boss said i could use the spare workshop at work - 15 x 15 metres x 6 metres high - reckon we could fit something big in there!

• 6 months later...
Welcome Steve, now stand by for the groans from other members. There is only one military vehicle that will fufil all your requirments, and bring a grin to your face every time you drive it! A Dodge WC51 Weapons Carrier.

I must agree, without a doubt the most versitile, practical and reliable truck from the WW11 stable.......... I dont have one myself yet ( I do have a lot of other vehicles) but I am working on it !!!! I have driven several of my friends, including the command car........ very impressed.Reaseheath 003.jpg

Tony B

Re: - a hello from Cornwall

Starting small then?:-D

Tony the other truck i was considering was a leyland hippo - i must say a truck does has a certain presence on our cornish lanes!

So then Cornishbloke and cornishmade where ee from then?

Tony B

Re: - a hello from Cornwall

Starting small then?:-D

Tony the other truck i was considering was a leyland hippo - i must say a truck does has a certain presence on our cornish lanes!

So then Cornishbloke and cornishmade where ee from then?

[/quote

We both live around St.Austell (father and daughter combo):-\