MVT at the NEC Classic Car Show.

Big ray

The MVT have a stand at the NEC Classic Car Show this weekend 11th 12th and 13th November. The stand is being organized by Birmingham area of The MVT with a little help from the North Staffs area of The MVT. The stand will consist of military vehicles and a diorama depicting a shell damaged caf`e in Normandy June `44. Dont forget to call on us if you are there. If you attend the car show, I believe that your ticket gives you free entry into the Motorcycle Show also.

Look forward to seeing and talking to anyone that can make it.

any pics mate ?......

I snapped away for several minutes, but like an idiot I just assumed that the pics would be O.K........ only when I downloaded them onto my computer did I realize that they were rubbish. If you click onto the MVT site and look under NEWS you will find pics posted on there........ thank you for the interest.

Regards.

Ray.

This "young" lady enhanced the stand dressed in her forties attire, in fact this is my wife of over 50 years, she does not get involved with the military scene very much if its pure self indulgence, but if its a good cause she jumps in with both feet.

NEC Nov 2011 026.jpg

Big Ray you do yourself a disservice. If it wasn't for you and the North Staffs Area MVT, we could not have won this award on our own. A big big thank for all your help.

Also a huge thank you the team of Guys and Gals from the Birmingham & West Midlands Area MVT (Second City Militia) for making the whole thing happen. The sleepless nights and panic attacks were worth it!!;)

Don't forget, we will be back in 2012. Bigger than this year.

Phil

It is of course always a pleasure to find yourself in Phil`s company, its worth all of the effort just to experience his Brummie sense of humour...... just look at the sign on the wall, ( Rude Remarks) such humour will always leave you wanting more. I thoroughly enjoyed all of the interaction with the many visitors that we spoke with, people not only from the U.K. but various parts of europe, including a couple of German gentlemen (Business men on a visit to the U.K. and both about 50 years old) They actually wanted to know about the poppy we were wearing, and were we actually celebrating our victory over Germany, I had quite a long conversation with them, and they both left wearing very broad smiles and considerably better informed...... its just nice to talk with people, particularly when they have so many questions. Asking questions reminds me that on our first day so many visitors asked me questions about the Polsten Anti-aircraft gun that we had on the stand...... I knew absolutely zilch about that gun, and the owner was not present, I went home that night and downloaded all the technical info about that gun, determined to have the answers ready, I was prepared to tell people, even if they did not ask.

NEC Nov 2011 023.jpg

I did take more than these pictures but the others did not come out very well

it's an age thing I think

Commander

I`m afraid that it only gets worse, the age thing I mean............. why are`nt we born old and grow young, we would have such a lot to look forward too (and be better at it!!!!!!)

Cosby 2007.jpg

Good stuff Big Ray - any Britsh stuff there or just US kit?

I am afraid that we were so limited on space that we did not have much choice, most of the vehicles were supplied by the Birmingham area..................... but I was determined to fly the flag a little, I turned up in my British para smock and berret. The North Staffs Area supplied the diorama and my Harley Davidson motorcycle, I have British bikes, and I will make sure that thats what I take next time!!!!!!!

Ray on M.20.jpg