REME museum

Chubbster

Hello all,

Planning on taking a trip to the REME museum, whats it like? Anyone been down there lately? It's about an hour and a half traveling time for me. Is it an hour walkround or a few hours?

Any info will be great

Cheers

Alex

Hello all,

Planning on taking a trip to the REME museum, whats it like? Anyone been down there lately? It's about an hour and a half traveling time for me. Is it an hour walkround or a few hours?

Any info will be great

Cheers

Alex

Are you on about the one at Bordon Hampshire just off the A3 ?

Arborfield is the main museum, Bordon is the reserve vehicle collection. I went to Arborfield with some friends a few months back and it took most of the morning. Well worth visiting, I'd have liked to see a few more vehicles but they just don't have the space!Andy

It's a good museum with plenty in it. It will be missed when the garrison closes down and the museum moves in a few years time. There is a bit on VW as the REME helped after the war in salvaging the company.

They sell good baguettes and coffee there - £2.20 for a baguette and £1 for coffee.

There is an event planned for June 16th 2012 at the garrison, but I don't know any details yet. When I hear something I will put something on HMVF.

Enjoy your visit, but leave 2-3 hours to take it all in.

Thanks for the info guys.

Does anyone know if the reserve collection is open to the public etc...

Cheers

Alex

No, it's not open to the public, but you can organise visits from clubs. How about organising a visit by your local MVT/IMPS/whatever to visit? Not sure of a contact name, but you could ask when you visit Arborfield - try asking Brian Baxter (mention my name).

Robert Davey