Maple Leaf Up Forum moribund?

Kufra Kiwi

Hi all,

I have tried repeatedly and unsuccessfully to register in the MLU forum, following all the correct procedures but I still cannot actually partake in forum discussions. I have repeatedly emailed the moderator/owner asking what the problem is but never even receive a reply. Am I right in assuming its now dead? If so, it will be a great shame as it has so much really useful info. Anyone else having these problems?

I visit it daily also, seems that there are plenty of regular posts on there.

It is unusual for you not to get a response, but Admin and Moderators for most Forums are purely volunteers, so often it can be a while to get to answer all queries and applications.

I do my own Forum's business matters in the morning and evening, but try and log in to the Admincp during the day to cut down the waiting time for new user registrations or for moderated posts etc.

If you haven't heard back in a few days, drop me a PM and I'll PM one of the Mods on the site for you.

Peter

Hi all,

I have tried repeatedly and unsuccessfully to register in the MLU forum, following all the correct procedures but I still cannot actually partake in forum discussions. I have repeatedly emailed the moderator/owner asking what the problem is but never even receive a reply. Am I right in assuming its now dead? If so, it will be a great shame as it has so much really useful info. Anyone else having these problems?

Are you using the new website address? It was changed over in March to www.mapleleafup.net

It appears that a lot of HMVF Members participate in other forums in other countries with similar interests to ours. I know of Maple Leaf UP and the Dodge Forum but what other ones are there? I guess that there must be at least one "down under" covering vehicles of the same makes as ours with lots of things in common with us.

Tony

Are you using your own name or a nickname? Nicknames or a no-go on MLU.

Alex

Thanks everyone for your helpful responses. I was using a nickname, so maybe that is the problem. But if so, you would think the forum administrator would have the courtesy to respond to my emails. I must have tried to contact him at least six or eight times, each time asking why I am not allowed do anything in the forum. Just to clarify, they have accepted me as a forum member, but when I try to post a message or blow a thumbnail photo up to full size or respond to a post I always receive the message that I do not have authority to do that (can't remember the exact words, but something like that). Very frustrating!!!