Useful mini jerry cans

robin craig

At work we used to have an issue with housekeeping when using chainsaws. The tools and spare chains for the saws were never readily accessible in a neat and clean storage while working in the bush. The typical plastic saw case just doesnt have enough space to hold everything one needs for real world operation for a chainsaw. The typical civvy plastic fuel containers were never that satisfactory as they just would not seal that well and containers of bar oil were forever leaking and oozing out in trucks.

A number of years ago I came across these kits with two 5 litre fuel cans and a clamshell container in between all seated in a steel base tray. The cans have clips that hold them to the clamshell and the clamshell has tabs that locate it to the base.

Winter or summer one now has a "brick" that accompanies each saw with everything one needs and it wont spill. In the picture you can just make out that the can on the left has a red painted lid and the other can has "bar oil" stencilled on it. We have one set of these for each saw we use and it is just like having all the "CES" with you. My guys love them.

R

jerry can pack.jpg

Yeah I've got one of these. Very useful, keep lamp oil in one and petrol for (trench cooker) in the other, with cleaning stuff in the clam shell.

These are ex- East German Army decontamination kits and should come with a set of brushes and cloths in the clam shell.