Help please Clive!!

Tony B

Question

A salutary lesson in never throwing any old bit of metal away. Having gone through the various bits that had fallen off the WS10 trailer we have come across two plates. I'm hoping Clive , the font of all numbers may be able to shed further infomation. The first plate shows the manufacturer Tickford Ltd. WS10 No 6/WT/7908 CB 14 (A) also the second plate has the code YA8196. It appears our suvivour is the number 7 of the first 50 built. Any help on numbers appreciated.

6 answers to this question

A salutary lesson in never throwing any old bit of metal away. Having gone through the various bits that had fallen off the WS10 trailer we have come across two plates. I'm hoping Clive , the font of all numbers may be able to shed further infomation. The first plate shows the manufacturer Tickford Ltd. WS10 No 6/WT/7908 CB 14 (A) also the second plate has the code YA8196. It appears our suvivour is the number 7 of the first 50 built. Any help on numbers appreciated.

Tony,

I know Clive is having problems with his internet link at present, he asked me to convey this to anyone trying to contact him. No doubt that he will reply to you when he can.

... the second plate has the code YA8196.

That's a stores code: Section Y of the Vocabulary of Army Ordnance Stores deals with Line Telephony and Telegraphy equipment (though it sometimes escaped into the radio section, e.g: Pins, Earth, Small). It may be the stores code for the trailer itself, as it's quite a high number.

Anyone got any Section W, Y or Z stores vocabularies in their possession?

(If so, can I borrow them for scanning, please?)

Chris.

Tony,

I am thinking that the details you have, re.Tickfords and a contract number, refer only to the body, and not the trailer chassis. Seem to think this has been discussed on here in the past :undecided:

Not that I recall Richard. Mind you it's the age Dear! Good news is that the Signals Musuem belive they have a set of WS10 electronic kit in one of their stores.