Radial Engine

pgm107ladybegood.jpg

Parts from the B24 "Lady be Good".

pgm054savoiamarchetti79.jpg

Savoia Marchetti SM79 trimotor bomber

pgm290trucklibico.jpg

Lorry chassis.

pgm158dehavilland104.jpg

De Havilland DH104 Dove. Probably this one http://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/wiki.php?id=47

27693_4d128cdfdceffP1200767.JPG

Another Dove, another desert tragedy. http://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/wiki.php?id=27693

pgm228bristolblenheim.jpg

Bristol Blenheim

pgm331jebelarkanupanhar.jpg

Panhard AML90

pgm403jebeluwaynat.jpg

Ex-LRDG vehicle wreck?

pgm301jebelarkanu.jpg

Not 100% sure what this is.

pgm470jebelshariffwreck.jpg

Another lorry chassis. FIAT?

pgm313jeep.jpg

Looks more recent that some.

pgm498jebelshariff.jpg

Another of the Jebel Sharriff LRDG wrecks. Is this the one that's been recovered & displayed in the IWM?

pgm442savoiamarchettism.jpg

Another SM79 Wreck.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
I think you will find that Kuno (?) has already covered these on MLU forum and written a book about the LRDG wrecks.

Above shown photos are quire a mix from wrecks located in Egypt and in Libya. I guess that they are copied in from another website.

As you have said, Rick, in 2009 I -together with Brendan O'Carroll and Roberto Chiarvetto- had published a book called "Incident at Jebel Sherif". It shows in detail the wrecks at said place, three Chevrolet WA 30cwt of the LRDG and the remnants of the Fiat 634N of the "Sahariana".

Some years have passed and a new book was published about "Operation Salam". We could not find the famous "Purzel" (Ford F8) which was left in the Gilf Kebir but the route was retraced and a lot of then & now shots taken... and there are naturally photos of the truck wrecks left in this area ;)

(I would set a link to the presentation of the book but I am not sure if I am allowed to do so here)