Help from Albion Owners

PB1954RNS

Could I ask any Albion vehicle owners if they could help me out with some dimensions of their vehicle chassis. I'm looking for the distance between the two chassis frames and the number of frame stretchers fitted from the front - to the rear.

Also would like details of the chassis frame - size and shape as it goes under the cab floor, I'm trying to get as much info as possible to compare with a Albion BY5/6 chassis. There is still the remains of half a Albion in a scrap yard and I wanted to buy it but was given a scrap price to match a Rolls Royce ! I did try to offer a scrap price but it was turned down.

I asked if I could go back and just buy the main parts and measure up what was left - told not welcome to visit the yard and the remains of the Albion was going for scrap.

But what can you do it's their scrap but why does a 70 year old pile of rust that some one shows an interest in suddenly has such a high price to buy it - that's my moan over.

Right, also I need a Albion EN280 engine, high and low gearbox. If any owners have any spares large or small please let me know.

You can contact me via email Hengist@f2s.com or home number 01454 617448 - there is a answer machine.

I have a Bedford Drivers Handbook for QL MODELS QLC.QLD.QLR.QLT for sale if any one would like to make an offer for it, the cover has the standard grease finger marks on the cover but clean inside.

Cheers

Paul Burns.