ian001

Hi Chaps & chapettes, I'm new here but been around the forums a while, some of you forum buffs & MVT members will already know Katy, she's my 1979 airportable FFR, she served in the Gulf in 1990/91, I bought her in 2005 for £700, the family & I restored her to her former glory, you can read about the restoration here:

http://chicktree.bravehost.com/KTA939V.html

Cheers

Ian

width=500 height=365http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/1908/katyokehamptonep3.jpg[/img]

Thanks Mrs Hardyferret, it's been a long time since someone called me young man :-D you just made my day.

As my LW is just about finished I'm looking for another project, I quite like the look of the K9s.

Hopefully we'll meet up sometime during the show season, do you do the Buckfastleigh event?

Cheers

Ian

do you do the Buckfastleigh event?

We usually go down to Buckfast for War on the Line - great weekend :tup: so maybe see you there if not before. We must try to get Jack to drive his 'Man's Vehicle' down too. How about it Jack :? its a great weekend for all the family including visits to the pub and even Fish & Chips :beer: :-D

Buckfast............is that out of Dorset

Jack Shape up :n00b: If Nigel & Cath can do it in their little grey Jeep surely a chap like you with a Big Mans truck can manage it :x Jerry an I would be their to make sure nothing nasty happened to you and once there you wouldn't have to get up early if thats whats worrying you :sleep: :sleep:

Jack Shape up :n00b: If Nigel & Cath can do it in their little grey Jeep surely a chap like you with a Big Mans truck can manage it :x Jerry an I would be their to make sure nothing nasty happened to you and once there you wouldn't have to get up early if thats whats worrying you :sleep: :sleep:

This jeep?

width=500 height=381http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/5093/bf0636ou1.jpg[/img]

It followed me on the convoy across the moors.

This jeep? It followed me on the convoy across the moors

Yup :-D thats the one - amazing isn't it cos its so insy winsy and theres Jack and his big mans truck at home or should I say 'tucked up at home' :evil: :evil:.....................

Just gone through my photos of last year and have now clocked you. you where set up opposite us under the trees. We had the Little grey jeep, our 101FC and a Dodge WC. There thats better ............. I know where I am now. :yay!:

Just tried to insert a photo for last year but no joy..... I will have to go away and find out what to do. :rtfm: In the mean time Ian don't let up the pressure on Jack as I know he and the family would enjoy the event and we would like to know more about the September event.

Sue

Mrs Hardyferret, was Mr Hardyferret selling militaria in front on the tent? if so, I bought the 344 set off of him, turned out to be a right bargain.

Come on Jack, you'll enjoy the Buckfastleigh show, you know you want to :-D

Okehampton camp is really good, you arrive on the friday afternoon, set up camp & spend the evening in the NAAFI, you can have your meals in the cookhouse with the regulars at a reduced rate or eat in the NAAFI, there is entertainment saturday night again in the NAAFI, there are displays of vehicles & militaria all over camp, private collections & military personel displays, a mock battle & a lot more, here's a group of us in september at Okehampton.

width=500 height=376http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/9800/okegv5.jpg[/img]

I'm the 4th one in from the left.