Bastogne March on december 16th

Joris

Right here is the law

1/ Jack is coming.....because it will be a life changing experience

2/ He approached me and told me he wanted to come !

3/ Lloyd sorts it all out.....with the unit c/o everybody happy

4/ Jack tries to get out of it by claiming he actually HAS NO KIT at all

5/ Worldwide kit search begins for Jack akin to Live -Aid

6/ Jack claims temporary insanity and forgetting all about avctually wanting to come at all

7/ excuses of Left the kettle on/getting hair done/ dinner in the oven/its cold/what shall i wear and my hairs still in curlers..vehemently denied

8/ More excuses follow as Jack actually realises there is a 25km march

9/ Lloyd curtly cuts short Jack saying it actually will be FUN !!!

10/ Can hear Jack crying from here...and i am 200 miles away...:-)

11/ Lloyd assures Jack that driver of half -track is not blind and needs a guide

12/ All Half tracks will be secure so no one needs to look after them while you all go for a little walk in the snowy Belgian countryside

13/ NEXT !!!!!

14/ Jack youre bloody coming..GET USED TO IT MAN....and NO wimping out now

ITS TOO BLOODY LATE

PS 15/ Lloyd has already subverted ALL other HVMF forum members to tell Jack the same thing via mind bending moon beams.....

Regards

Lloyd

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to unduely concern you Jack but.......

Last night I got the opportunity to fire the Command Car up from Winter hibernation and do a Surprise 60th birthday taxi-run just East of Norwich, near the Norfolk Broads.

I didn't make up my mind whether I was going to actually commit to the request until I woke up yesterday morning and saw the beautiful weather we had here in East Anglia.

To cut a long story short (something I'm not particularly good at!) the chap needed to be delivered to a surprise 1940's party at 7.30pm. The Dodge fired up first turn of the starter (thank god for all WC-56's being 12 volt) and I stormed up the A140 from Stowmarket, the old girl singing her teriffic Dodge burble and running like a Swiss watch :wink:

Anyway, point of the story Jack being - Have you been out lately in a rag-top vehicle and realised how bl**dy cold it is trundling the tarmac in a draughty MV? The sun kept me warmish on the journey up to Norfolk, but coming home last night under a stary sky and clear moon was less than warm.

Funny enough as I donned my USAAF high altitude sheerlined trousers, B-3 sheepskin jacket and Eastman leather sheerline cap for the journey home, I thought of you Jack and your upcoming trip to Europe - As least you won't sweat to death marching in the chill :-D

The Command Car is due to return to hibernation on Tuesday, but it was a great crack last night and I now have the funds to pay for the new canvas that I need before the start of next years show season :wink:

PS - Both my Corcoran Jump Boots (purchased in 1998) and my more recent service boots purchased from Soldier of Fortune both rub in feet badly after even several years of show-season use!

Best of luck Jack

• 2 weeks later...

WOOOO HOOOO !!!

What a weekend, the 2nd Armored are a great bunch. One wild weekend with 9 tracks in total all kitted out and manned. The logistics alone to shift men and machine across europe must be a nightmare but they have it off to a tee.

Only one complaint...... no snow !!

But I suppose we can't hold the 2nd Armored responsible for that. Kinda get the impression if First Sgt Shady said snow, well it would snow.

width=640 height=480http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a270/whistlinwolf/2006_12172006TracksBastogne0120.jpg[/img]

width=640 height=480http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a270/whistlinwolf/2006_12172006TracksBastogne0119.jpg[/img]

width=640 height=480http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a270/whistlinwolf/2006_12172006TracksBastogne0081.jpg[/img]

Check out the link below for some hard charging Detroit turbo diesel.

http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a270/whistlinwolf/?action=view&current=2006_12172006TracksBastogne0126.flv