Hi all

My name is Adrian from Oswestry in Shropshire.

I am an avid military fan and have a small collection of memrobilia, Bren/SLR guns, Bayonets etc etc.

Presently restoring a Jeep J20 6x6 Fire rescue tender. Not exactly military but hey....

Used to have my own haulage co. and operated a fleet of American trucks...Kenworth/Freightliner. Have owned ex army Merc armoured water cannon [will post pics soon] that served in N.I.

Looking to get a FV 432 next summer so if anybody in Shropshire area can help with advice I would be more than grateful and I dont mind getting my hands dirty in return! Got to start somewhere.......then hopefully a Striker!.

Thanks for reading and take care.

Adrian

jeep.jpg

Hi Mark

Yes it is ex Staffordshire.

Started off in Newcastle-under-lyme then to Leek.

The chassis came from Jeep in the US then converted by John Dennis Coachbuilders.

There are a couple of varients still about but this ones the last of its type, so very rare, if not the only one still "FIre" registered left. As a lot may be aware to qualify for free tax etc the vehicle must still be "as released" from the fire service and not altered in any way.

This is a picture of it when new.

Not sure wether to sell now or respray etc as looking for a FV432 for next years project.

Better get back to military stuff before I get a telling off!!!!!!!

Thanks for the welcomes

Adrian

STAFFS-E935JFA-LICHFIELD (Small).jpg

[ATTACH=CONFIG]47172[/ATTACH]

Hi Mark

The chassis came from Jeep in the US then converted by John Dennis Coachbuilders.

There are a couple of varients still about but this ones the last of its type, so very rare, if not the only one still "FIre" registered left. As a lot may be aware to qualify for free tax etc the vehicle must still be "as released" from the fire service and not altered in any way.

Not sure wether to sell now or respray etc as looking for a FV432 for next years project.

Thanks for the welcomes

Adrian

Hi Adrian,

thought it looked familliar! Is this the one that was owned by a bunch of firemen in the Birmingham area?

Whats it like to drive?

Mark

Hi Mark

Thanks for the welcomes

Adrian

Hi Mark

Not sure as history very vague. Bought it off a chap in Whitchurch area and then got a call from another chap who is a fireman at Sleap airfield. Was then introduced to the Fire Engine Preservation Society. They have an annual show in Derby which is fantastic...some military vehicles attend also. They do a lot for charity and are a great bunch.

The truck is very very fast and is quite a pig to begin with...just needs respect like all similar vehicles. Holds the road as if it was on rails and the brakes.....well lets just say I nearly gave the wife whiplash the first time I had to brake sharply!!!.

It certainly turns heads.

I remember one evening, on the way home, picking ip a friends little lad [aged@10] and went down an unused lane[?] to his house with the sirens and all the lights on. Well you should have seen his face when he got out. Lee said what did you do to him as he never spoke for a week. If you can make a kid happy....priceless...cost nothing.

Anyhow shes got to go soon as my bloods in military metal...............

Cheers

Adrian

Hi Mark

Thanks for the welcomes

Adrian

My understanding is that the 432s are not road legal, any that have been registered have been done in error, it would appear that they are too wide for U.K. roads, and the secondary breaking system does not comply....... just a thought before you part with your hard earned cash.