FV432 winch equipped

robin craig

I've seen 2, but neither of them had the winches fitted. Note the ground anchors either side of the rear door in these photos. The shiny green one used to belong to a friend, it's a Mk1 and was equipped as a standard APC. The other one with the cut down rear door was at Withams in 2005. 24A is a REME LAD call sign.

Chris

IMG_0663.jpg

Withams-2005-4.JPG

Ah - that may be because mine only goes up to Supplement 10. Interesting ...

A shame the REME museum didn't pick that one up from Withams at the time.

Andy

Edited by andym

Having seen the above photos and images im fairly certain I know the where abouts of a mk 1 432 that may be winch equiped. It certainly had the ground anchor on the back as i caught my leg on the thing and wondered what it was. Anyway I will look into it further now, as I didnt give it to much attention at the time.

• 9 years later...

I used to drive a mk 1 petrol 432 with a winch in the back..it could winch 6 tons 1:1. .. it was based at 27 Command workshops REME Warminster about 1976..unfortunately I lost my photos in a flood otherwise I could have shown you.it had a spade that fitted on the rear and also several tackle blocks for 2:1/3:1..we did use the winch but not often as we had no occasion to use it..it was too light to be effective, although I did use it to pull out some tree roots in Warminster park once. I only Ever seen this one in a 432 

• Like 1