Wanted sankey trailer canvas cover

Hi , we are looking for a new or second hand canvas trailer cover for our narrow track sankey trailer , having measured the trailer the cover appears to need to be 6ft by 7ft , please message me or contact me on 07896787282 or t.oakford@hotmail.co.uk

I have an extremely rough example that could be used as a pattern I could measure it up for you.

Hi Terryo Jim's Mrs here,I've just made one for his Sankey (pics if u want).I could you make another but have no idea what they are worth. don't have army canvas though, we use PVC (fully waterproof+ rot-proof), various colours available. Post may be rather expensive; we're in the Pennines. Have trailer for measurements.

Hi , the exact measurements would be very helpfull thanks , any ideas where to go to get one made and an idea of cost ?? thanks , terry

When it stops raining I'll measure it up for you. The missus wouldn't like it in the house. The canvas that I have is correct for the narrow track version just can't find a picture at the moment.

If you fancy making it up rip stop canvas is available here

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ex-Army-Canvas-Tarpaulin-Sheet-Cover-30-x-12-/230622821496?pt=UK_SportsLeisure_HikingCamping_Tents_JN&hash=item35b230fc78#ht_1480wt_905

Edited by ferrettkitt

Hi , i have been offered a cover by someone that was selling one on ebay and did,nt meet its reserve price of £80 plus p&p , he,s offered it to me for £50 plus p&p , the dimensions they give are 94" by 76" and the number on it is FV255516 it is dated 1997 , will this be alright for my narrow track sankey trailer and is it worth the price ?

Hi , i have been offered a cover by someone that was selling one on ebay and did,nt meet its reserve price of £80 plus p&p , he,s offered it to me for £50 plus p&p , the dimensions they give are 94" by 76" and the number on it is FV255516 it is dated 1997 , will this be alright for my narrow track sankey trailer and is it worth the price ?

Someone on ebay is selling a wide track trailer canvas for £74.99. I'll measure my narrow tracked canvas tomorrow and let you know the dimensions then you can make you're own mind up if its good or bad deal. A narrow tracked canvas is different to a wide tracked canvas.

well , i spoke to some other sankey trailer owners at trucks and troops , and to put it politely they said that its quite rare to find a cover and they suggested e bay or wait til war and peace

so maybe stillage you bid on might be finding its way there , oh and i got told off at the weekend for towing the sankey trailer behind our 1944 dodge wc56 , as it is,nt the correct trailer for it ! i could understand if the two were hitched together and on display but the trailer was left in the camping field , shame on me :red: , i,ll have to save up and buy a lightweight , i work at a landrover agent but i doubt that,d have counted as an acceptable excuse ! :D

Here we go some pictures of a narrow tracked canvas it very rough and fit for a spare only. I probably have a spare canvas but I am using it to cover something up and I don't know its condition.

IMG_0768.jpg

I was standing in the rhubarb for this shot above.

IMG_0769.jpg

This is the difference between a wide tracked canvas and a narrow track you can fold up the bit near the wheels so that it doesn't get covered on mud.

IMG_0770.jpg

IMG_0771.jpg

IMG_0773.jpg

I will sort out the drawing today / tomorrow the main measurements of the canvas is 69 by 84 inches. Somewhere on the internet you can download the manual for the narrow tracked trailer with a bit of look someone will find the link for you.

Found a link

http://www.muddyoval.com/articles/manuals/sankey.pdf

Edited by ferrettkitt

Hi andy , a massive thankyou for your time and effort ,the pictures and link to the manual , i think that we will wait and get the correct size and spec cover for our trailer , the pictures and info will def help us so much with our trailer , maybe it,ll be best try beltring for one as the e bay one,s seem to be for widetrack ones , we hope that no rhubarb were harmed during the taking of the photos , thanks again terry

• 2 years later...
Did anyone ever get around to doing up a proper sketch for either the narrow or more hopefully the wide track trailer?

We in the colonies would like to have a reasonable fascimile made by a local chap if possible.

Anyone?

R

I have a new bagged wide track cover. I'll sort you out a sketch for the narrow track