Insurance for Projects / Off the Road Insurance

Edd

Morning all,

We have 3/4 project vehicles at the moment and are due to take two of them out to different shows this year. In the past when I've only had one project vehicle I have used Footman James to insure it, think it was about £70 last time. Does anyone know of any other insurers who can do this type of insurance (off the road and public liability cover) and any who can do more than one on the same policy?

Thanks

Ed

Morning all,

We have 3/4 project vehicles at the moment and are due to take two of them out to different shows this year. In the past when I've only had one project vehicle I have used Footman James to insure it, think it was about £70 last time. Does anyone know of any other insurers who can do this type of insurance (off the road and public liability cover) and any who can do more than one on the same policy?

Thanks

Ed

i use footmans too

NFU will add non road going vehicles (show only cover) to an existing historic vehicle policy given an accurate description, what you have to watch is that if your project is on SORN then issuing insurance using the registration number may well confuse DVLA and could possibly cause you problems.

Explain this to your insurer and they should issue their own identity number for it, so nothing shows up in the DVLA system.

Just started using Cherished Vehicles Insurance, I have a mixture of conditions, ie, on the road/project/next project, etc., so far very impressed. Not re-newing with Footman James.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Thanks for all the info and apologies for taking so long to reply. I tried Cherished Vehicles Insurance but they wouldn't insure one of them as it isn't road legal. Didn't think it would have an effect as I don't want to drive it on the road!:shocked:

Have just got off the phone to footman james and they are insuring all 3 for £115 and were quite happy with no chassis number on one and not being road legal. Very helpful and would recommend to anyone else.

Thanks

Ed