please dont laugh

chieftain

i have a sprinter van that i painted black and green by hand but i made a mess of it.does anybody know how i get the proper paint scheme sorted as i want it to look right,i tried to paint it the same as my chieftain i used to drive but a five year old could have done better.im also having problems trying to mount the clansman side stalk mounts so any help would be great.

many thanks

camoflagued Sprinter?? Even the armies that use them don't cam them - must be a reason!

I must admit Mr Cam Van Man sounds different!

(I'm not laughing, honest guv!)

As for the antenna mounts, VW Transporters in the Bundeswehr had them mounted on a sort of mini roofrack.

Edited by schliesser92

Get a cheap electric sander and plenty of sanding pads from ebay. Give it a good rub down and try again with a roller for the green. I sometimes use rattle cans of matt black for doing the camo, usually just marking out but they can be used with good effect to paint the whole thing. Remember 2/3 green 1/3 black.

Chris

If the army place near Derby is Anchor at Ripley, then I'm not surprised the green was rubbish. I used that paint for a Spartan... never again! It's expensive and poor quality, after a few weeks in the rain the paint stained heavily where the water was running off the vehicle and it needs to be painted again.

I now get my paint from http://www.crosbie-casco.co.uk/crosbie/home.htm

The best option is to spray it with a cheap compressor.