You tube

AndyFowler

Hello , my youtube will not play the videos I click on , the correct page opens but the video screen remains blank , anyone know why or how I can remedy this please ! :D I am a computer numpty as you can tell so simple answers would be best !:nut:

Thinking about this, I often get flash player popping up with updates, if you don't get these this bit might be the answer,

1. Temporarily disable pop-up blocking software installed on your computer, to test.
  2. Allow youtube.com?hl=en_GB as a trusted site in your Firewall software.
  3. Ensure that other applications such as QuickTime, iTunes, Real Player or Windows Media Player aren't set as the default streaming application, as this might affect the video player.

Edited by gritineye

Hi Bernard , thanks for taking the time to reply mate ! I tried updating the flash player thingy yesterday and hadn't had much success ! I have just got in and read your latest advice and prepared for another battle of will with the computer and thought I'd just make sure it still didn't work when a miracle has happened over night and the bl--dy thing has fixed itself ! THIS IS WHY I LOVE OLD STUFF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: Thanks again mate ! :D Hope Forceful and son of Forceful are behaving themselves !:D