Hello from sunny Lancashire (for a change)

Freebyrd

Hello Everyone,

My name is Mike and I'm new to the site and fairly new to this forum lark so go easy on me.

I'm a modeller and found this site while looking for references for a vehicle build.

I usually build those wingy things but I've earned a living as a driver most of my working life, so I have a bit of a soft spot for military softskin vehicles.

If I ever finish the model, I'll post some pictures and you can all tell me where I went wrong !

Cheers !

Mike

Welcome, you did not say what model you were biulding ?

Sorry, it's the Airfix (JB) Bedford MK TAC Refueller.

I've also nearly finished the JB 1 Ton Land Rover towing the 105mm Light Gun.

Thanks BTW for the welcome everyone. I'm completely in awe of you guys who restore and run these wonderful vehicles.

I'm sure there's a lot of frustration, sweat, and sometimes blood that goes into working on these vehicles....... that's why I'm going to stick to modelling them.

Sorry, it's the Airfix (JB) Bedford MK TAC Refueller.

I've also nearly finished the JB 1 Ton Land Rover towing the 105mm Light Gun.

Thanks BTW for the welcome everyone. I'm completely in awe of you guys who restore and run these wonderful vehicles.

I'm sure there's a lot of frustration, sweat, and sometimes blood that goes into working on these vehicles....... that's why I'm going to stick to modelling them.

Why not join the local branch of the MVT, you will not only be made very welcome (Vehicles are not a pre-requisite for membership.) you will also get to ride in these tonka toys of our`s............ try it, you just might like it (I wanted to say fall in love with it really, thats what we all did.) :goodidea:

Why not join the local branch of the MVT, you will not only be made very welcome (Vehicles are not a pre-requisite for membership.) you will also get to ride in these tonka toys of our`s............ try it, you just might like it (I wanted to say fall in love with it really, thats what we all did.) :goodidea:

Nice Idea, but I'm happy to worship from afar. Most of my spare time is taken up with modelling and another hobby, so if I started one more I think I'd arrive home from work to an empty house....... hey now there's a thought :idea:

Anyway, as the eyesight starts to deteriorate (and it has) I'll eventually work my way up through the scales arriving at 1:1 sometime in my mid to late 70's. So I've at least got something to look forward to in my retirement :laugh: