m74

landyandy

One M74, ex-Belgium and the other that came from Kosovo was a M32

Just checking ......:-)

I know the M32 came from Kosovo, and if that is the only M74 then I am confident I know about that too!

It is brilliant to think that it is running - well done to all concerned. M32 next. I seem to remember (but could be wrong, it's happened before) that had a radial in it?

Edited by paulbrook

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just checking ......:-)

I know the M32 came from Kosovo, and if that is the only M74 then I am confident I know about that too!

It is brilliant to think that it is running - well done to all concerned. M32 next. I seem to remember (but could be wrong, it's happened before) that had a radial in it?

yes it has all fully reconditioned,just needs the fuel pump to finish,the rest of it is in a pretty sorry state so it will not be running anytime soon

I have a whole bunch of pictures somewhere of the M32 in Pristina, but I can't seem to find them. Must be my age....

I might also have a picture with the M74 in the background in about 1982...but that will almost certainly be a slide and take even longer to find. But it was in Germany not Belgium.

I might also have a picture with the M74 in the background in about 1982...but that will almost certainly be a slide and take even longer to find. But it was in Germany not Belgium.

Paul,

Way back in the mists of time, do I recall that the M74 was exchanged with a Saladin, as the Germans used to use them for Border Patrols, and had not got an example of one?

Paul,

Way back in the mists of time, do I recall that the M74 was exchanged with a Saladin, as the Germans used to use them for Border Patrols, and had not got an example of one?

Oooh no - it had been liberated by then...

Technically speaking it was originally exchanged for an empty space where a M74 used to be. There were other deals thereafter (the last of which, as I recall, was never honoured, as the promised conqueror hulk never arrived. By the time anyone noticed the Berlin wall had come down).

Edited by paulbrook

good day had by all today , got every thing working on m74 and cured the oil leak , loose pipe connection so not as bad as originaly thought and also solved the problem i had with main winch , would power in but not out , turns out the brake band and ratchet had seized up,stripped cleaned oiled at all works well so put it all back together in next couple of weeks ready for the 20th,last thing to get is a new set of fan belts as it shredded the old ones at its last outing,and it was nice to meet a couple of hmvf members today,hope you enjoyed it and feel free to post some pics,next weekend we will be off to lincolnshire to pick up johns antar with the amazon outfit

Edited by landyandy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

took her out for a clean up inside the hull while the winches are out with pressure washer ,on the way back an odd noise came from the transmission and suddenly no steering,the brakes work if you pull both levers to stop but it will not steer,has anyone got an idea what can have gone wrong before we strip it ??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...