New (no old) to me 1/2 ton Sankey Trailer

I have just recieved my "new" sankey trailer, sadly in need of major restoration of the body (tub), chassis not to bad, it does have the smaller eye for which I have modern pin but will be looking for a classic towing pin later, the chassis number is S1929 and vehicle number 19BL29, there is a small brass plate with assembly number FV 11772 will post pictures if it ever stops raining.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Tubs off, chassis not to bad only a couple of holes in one section,

I am afraid the tub is beyond repair (or at least my welding skills) so will be looking for a replacement in the mean time I will put a wooden box on so I can at least use the trailer once the chassis has been stripped, repaired and painted this year and have time to make sure the "new" tub is up to scratch once purchased

The T is for tropicalisation, protecting the wood work from termites etc. pity it does not protect against rust

sankey trailer tub off 17042011 004.jpg

sankey trailer tub off 17042011 001.jpg

sankey trailer tub off 17042011 005.jpg

sankey trailer tub off 17042011 002.jpg

sankey trailer tub off 17042011 012.jpg

sankey trailer tub off 17042011 016.jpg

sankey trailer tub off 17042011 009.jpg

Edited by Daveb1971
add a bit more information

• 1 month later...

Hi Dave,

whats the latest on the resto? Just a suggestion, dont scrap the tub until you have sourced a replacement, quite a few specific features on these trailers, even a rusty part is still useful as a pattern.

Have you tracked down a date for her yet? Maybe around 1954 judging by the 'BL' reg?

Edited by G506
can't spell any more