Does anyone know what this is?

The Bedford Boys

Question

20 answers to this question

What sort of engine powers this. That could be a clue as to country of origin.

It would appear to be right hand drive so American or European ? Thread pattern of bolts?

But why the side entry to the deck area. The top sections about the driver's area appear to be fibre glass, no obvious signs of rivets or welds.

Any chance of more photos

Doug

I don't think you would take it on the road. I don't think it's a golf cart because it's such a pain in the a** to get in and out of!! The steering rack is out of a Morris 1000 or something of that nature. I originally thought this vehicle was something someone had just made, but that fibreglass top section is far too complicated for your average person to just bang out in their shed at home.

It has bar tread tyres, not that that helps with identifying it.

Now i think what you may have there is a CLECO not a 100% sure but I lived on the Island of eigg on the west coast of Scotland , Now the owner of the Island was called a Mr Shellingberg and one of his many companys made stuff for the Military, about 1980s 1990s And i remember parking the ferry up ( the banmora ) and being met by the man himself driving the thing you have there . As far as i can remember the military never bought the vehicle and hence never got the big contract off the military so there were only a few made so you may have a rare ole bit of kit there.

I remember being told that it was to replace the argo.

I maybe wrong but from memory it looks very familier. Hope this helps

boomboom

Thats probably because you were taking pictures of the sheep after drinking the whisky! :D

I suppose that the sheep must get better looking after a few snorts of scottish wine, although I believe that welsh sheep are more popular and appealing to the sheperd, and that I believe is without the whisky..... dont be offended if you should be welsh, its a lovely part of the world.