Ford Focus problem, advice needed

woa2

OK, it's not a Military Vehicle but I drive to events in it when I don't use my WOA2.

I have a problem with my 2001 Ford Focus and I need a Very Helpful Forum like this one, but for Ford Focus problems. Does anyone know of a forum I could use, please? The problem is with the central locking. This forum is great for Military Vehicle problems, I just need someone to point me in the right direction to the equal to this Forum.

Many thanks.

Hi Robert.

Check fuse F8 - (30amp) in the fuse box ( i think this is the correct fuse. grey matter is not getting any younger :banghead:). make sure the blades on the fuse are not corroded or black.

if they are. clean them up with some fine sand paper and try it again. i have found this problem on some fords with faults on the centrol locking.

Hope this helps & works.

rdgs

Clive

What exactly is the problem?

The key fob won't unlock the doors (Don't think it's the Key Fob fault) so I use the key. Interior door locks work and rear door (It's an estate car) works if I use the interior switch only. The locks also make a cluncking noise for a second when I start to drive. The fault is intermitant as occassionally it works. Also if I use the key to lock the doors, it works properly the second time of trying to lock the doors. I looked at 'Pistonheads' and they suggested rebooting the central locking system, which I will try when it stops raining! Annoying problem.....

Thank you all for your help and advice and the 'Pistonheads' forum suggestion.