Jun 1944 D-day German footage

abn deuce

Found this bit on youtube of the German side of the invasion , Claiming they are holding off the Allied forces and winning the fight . No wonder the German people had no idea what was really happening around them for so long .

Something went wrong...

I d guess only those Germans that werent listening to radio broadcasts from outside Germany. If I recall correctly that was an act that carried a severe punishment , was it prison or death ?

Same sort of propaganda that Sadom H. used at the start of the Iraqi war , There are no Americans in Bagdad etc. according the Bagdad Bob .

And the Germans believed this??

Why would they not believe it, Mike.........if its being broadcast by their equivilent of our BBC, the majority would believe it, just as much as the majority in this country believed what the BBC broadcast..........

This is something that certainly is a talking point at events, when I ask youngsters, after they come out with the statment, 'all germans are bad,- they started the war'......i usually follow up by asking them where they hear the news; most (obviously) say telly, followed by internet, mobile phone, etc.....very few say radio as number one choice..........which, of ourse, it was, and on;y then for a very limited amount of people and time it was on for.