At last another MV (sort of) HEEEEELP!!

fayjo56

vauxhall001.jpg

I collect the above next weekend. My plan is to restore 'her' as a staff car. Whilst I am starting some research myself any assistance/opinions very welcome. As its 1939 I believe it would probably be finished in Mid Bronze green. Is this correct? How likely would such a vehicle have been then repainted later in the war to ie Micky Mouse camo? I will also need a believable 'M' serial number. I will probably finish her as a vehicle of 5th Regt Royal Horse Atillery (family connection) who were with the BEF then 7th Armoured. Any pointers to correct markings? All these questions and I havent even got her home yet! I am just keen to get it right rather than be corrected when the restoration is done! And I've never done a Brit MV before. Cheers Paul.

I viewed this Vauxhall 10 when it was on Ebay recently with the same idea, its the right period, lots of similar cars were requesitioned for War dept./government use. As a staff car to carry higher ranks it was the larger Vauxhall 14 which was used. The RAF and Navy used a lot of the smaller cars like this Vauxhall 10 also Austin 10, Hillman and Standard 10's

Edited by Nick Johns

vauxhall001.jpg

I collect the above next weekend. My plan is to restore 'her' as a staff car. Whilst I am starting some research myself any assistance/opinions very welcome. As its 1939 I believe it would probably be finished in Mid Bronze green. Is this correct? How likely would such a vehicle have been then repainted later in the war to ie Micky Mouse camo? I will also need a believable 'M' serial number. I will probably finish her as a vehicle of 5th Regt Royal Horse Atillery (family connection) who were with the BEF then 7th Armoured. Any pointers to correct markings? All these questions and I havent even got her home yet! I am just keen to get it right rather than be corrected when the restoration is done! And I've never done a Brit MV before. Cheers Paul.

Hello

Not sure about mid bronze green, although early war military vehicles were a brown colour, kahki drab i think? and Mickey Mouse didnt come in until 1943.

We painted my father in laws Austin 16 in standard matt green (cant remember colour) with "M" number either side of the bonnet in white paint and under the back window.

Also had Divisional badge N/S/F & O/S/R with unit number on other wing.

Hope this is of help

Colin