Unitary radio station.

airportable

Hi folks. On one or two forums there has been intrest in the unitary radio station as fitted, it seems mostly in the Half Ton Land Rover (Airportable FFR).

I have promised to post a few pics. over the last few months. So I have decided to start a thread (hope in the right 'slot').

I'm starting with a few pictures of parts in mine that folks may not have seen before as they are easy to get thrown away. I bought mine five years ago for £20. Very lucky it still contained all the leads trays etc. allthough the trays were full of water.

I will add more pictures as time permits. It would be great if others added to the information on this unit (my knowledge is not great) allso information and pics. of fitted Clansman and Larkspur radio equipment. Lets see if we can build up a good reference file for this important piece of Miltary history in the Landrover.

Andy.

2010-12-19 Unitary radio station (2).jpg

2010-12-19 Unitary radio station (10).jpg

2010-12-19 Unitary radio station (9).jpg

2010-12-19 Unitary radio station (5).jpg

2010-12-19 Unitary radio station (6).jpg

2010-11-29 Unitary radio station (3).jpg

Hi folks. On one or two forums there has been intrest in the unitary radio station as fitted, it seems mostly in the Half Ton Land Rover (Airportable FFR).

I have promised to post a few pics. over the last few months. So I have decided to start a thread (hope in the right 'slot').

I'm starting with a few pictures of parts in mine that folks may not have seen before as they are easy to get thrown away. I bought mine five years ago for £20. Very lucky it still contained all the leads trays etc. allthough the trays were full of water.

I will add more pictures as time permits. It would be great if others added to the information on this unit (my knowledge is not great) allso information and pics. of fitted Clansman and Larkspur radio equipment. Lets see if we can build up a good reference file for this important piece of Miltary history in the Landrover.

Andy.

Andy I regognise the Amphenol socket and the attachment position on my FFR. Please see attached image where the connection would go!

highlighted connector.JPG

Hello all

When I bought my unitry radio station for my lightweight it didn't have anything in the bottom part of it! So a friend lent me a bottom tray and I copyed it

The only bit I'm missing now is the Spilage tubs

Pictures of my radio set up is in my intro, but I will try and get on the computer and upload them again for this thread

Rover8ffr in Gloucestershire? Same here!

Cheers

Alex

A few pics. of the 'start' of the power supply to the unitary Radio station. (Connection lead to terminal block not shown) The fuse on the front of the ammeter box is removed for safe keeping so the amphenol socket is not live.

Pic. 14 shows the lead connected to distribution box 6110-99-637-9550.

2010-12-31 Unitary radio station 2 (2).jpg

2010-12-31 Unitary radio station (2).jpg

2010-12-31 Unitary radio station 2 (3).jpg

2010-12-31 Unitary radio station (8).jpg

Many years ago XWD at Pulborough threw almost all of thier unitary radio kits in the skip. They were often damaged, incomplete and filled the skip up quite fast.

I asked if I could create some space in thier skip and they agreed, so I rescued 4 of them, made one complete one for myself, and gave 2 away to friends. The 4th just vanished into the other three.

XWD is now run by DropZone at teh same site. They did not have any of the kits left in stock, but those elusive battery trays (and prob inserts) do still exist on the parts shelves as they are handy for storage bins. I know that there is at least one amphenol lead there as well, and possible other parts buried. Parts of the fixing kit may also be found there (That is the J bolts with 4 winged nut and the over-centre clamps.) if I have not already bought it for securing my water carrier pack to my sankey!