Seeking BFF 325

Pete Ashby

It must be an age thing, as I get older I find myself thinking more and more about my first restoration…. a GPW Ford civilian reg number BFF 325.

I bought her in 1973 for £250 with an MoT , it took two years to restore then we attended shows all over the south and west of England until the lure of something bigger took hold and I swapped her for a weapons carrier around 1978, something I think I have probably regretted, first love and all that!!.

Since then there has been a procession of trucks through my workshops but I still hold a flame for BFF 325.

I’d be interested to hear from anyone who has owned BFF 325 in the intervening 32 years and does anyone know where she is now?

Pete

Hi Pete,

If you have the chassis number it might be worth checking on the G503 database? if exported as Richard suggests it's new owner might have entered it.

I know what you mean about the regret of selling certain trucks,for me it's the D15 but I know it's in safe hands! I still have the original block here which I could bring down if you still want it?.

All the best,

Matt.

Hello Pete,

Hope you are enjoying life up there.............finished the Retriever yet ? :-)

Yes, I got the details off the DVLA vehicle enquiry.

regards, Richard

Life's good in the Wild West thanks Richard,

have I finished the Retriever yet? Well no but work is progressing slowly. I aim to have a running chassis cab by next summer. So far its 16 years and counting but to be fair I have done a couple of other trucks in between.

Hi Pete,

If you have the chassis number it might be worth checking on the G503 database? if exported as Richard suggests it's new owner might have entered it.

I know what you mean about the regret of selling certain trucks,for me it's the D15 but I know it's in safe hands! I still have the original block here which I could bring down if you still want it?.

All the best,

Matt.

Hello Matt

Long time no hear, thanks for the suggestion unfortunately I don't have a record of the frame number but I did look at the G503 data base it looks very comprehensive.

So you miss the D15 ? She sits in my barn nice and dry awaiting her turn, yes I am still interested in the block very tardy of me not to have picked it up from you. Where are you now? email me and we will set a date for the spring

Regards

Pete

Life's good in the Wild West thanks Richard,

have I finished the Retriever yet? Well no but work is progressing slowly. I aim to have a running chassis cab by next summer. So far its 16 years and counting but to be fair I have done a couple of other trucks in between.

Hi Pete,

Pace of life a lot slower up there, no doubt ! Good to hear the Retriever is on going.

regards, Richard