Weapon imports

Question - if I wanted to import a heavy machine gun from Poland to the UK - I guess it has to come in via a Section 5 dealer who then gets it deactivated, Correct?

Assuming this is so - can anyone recommend a good dealer who would be prepared to do this and would there be a problem with HM Customs etc if I paid for the weapon and had it shipped to the dealers address directly?? Weapon is certified deactivated by the Czech Gov't.

Not the sort of thing to hide as its over 6' long and fairly heavy (4 man lift)

Edited by ArtistsRifles

"Allegro" - no, nothing made by Austin...... :D

It's the bl**dy great machine gun that forms the main armament of the OT! Been waiting over a year now dor the promised supply within the UK and still no sign - saw this and if I can do it, it's the answer to my prayers at a lot less money!!

Weapon is certified deactivated by the Czech Gov't.

Doesn't mean anything, the only thing that's relevant is UK deactivation standards.. until it has UK proof marks it will be classed as Live..

would there be a problem with HM Customs etc if I paid for the weapon and had it shipped to the dealers address directly??

You would have to pay import duty & VAT

can anyone recommend a good dealer

Give Ryton Arms a call.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I'm sure Neil will be phoning them first thing in the morning :rofl:

Pardon me whilst I head off to the loo to pee myself laughing - NOT!!!!

If it ain't WW2 related I wouldn't trust them with a meccano set. And I'm not even sure about the WW2 bit. After my experiences there to date I shudder to think what state something as obscure as a KVPT would end up in.... :nut: :nut:

Pardon me whilst I head off to the loo to pee myself laughing - NOT!!!!

If it ain't WW2 related I wouldn't trust them with a meccano set. And I'm not even sure about the WW2 bit. After my experiences there to date I shudder to think what state something as obscure as a KVPT would end up in.... :nut: :nut:

Not yet - awaiting a reply from Pa-Ko as to whether they will sell.ship to the UK. Sadly the Poles aren't renowned for being fast answers of e-mails!!!